Students from all across the United States and throughout the world have participated in GLDI. As of now, GLDI has held ten 40-day programs in the U.S. and two in South Korea.
Our upcoming GLDI’s will be held on JAMA Global Campus in Lindale, TX next Summer (2018). More information will be posted soon.
UP TO $3,300 SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE
FOR STUDENTS BASED ON NEED*
Early bird applications are eligible for additional scholarship funds.*
*For GLDI in USA applicants only.
- Open an online account
- Complete online application (including personal essays)
- Ask your pastor to fill out GLDI’s pastor’s recommendation form and have him/her send it to our office via email/fax/mail. (download the form)
- Send in your college/university transcript(s)*
- If you’d like to apply for scholarship, please fill out GLDI-Financial Aid form and send it in.
- Our office will contact you to schedule an interview via Skype/Google video chat).
- Admission status will be notified via email within a couple of weeks after the interview.
* We may ask for a TOEFL score (minimum of 20 points in each category) or equivalent from international students
GLDI is Looking for students who are…
– Born-again, baptized Christian in good standing at a local church
– Between 3rd year of college at a 4-year accredited university (by Fall 2018) and 27 years of age
– Demonstrate strong leadership potential
– Have an outstanding academic record (min. 3.0 GPA)
* Applicants will go through a screening process, including a video interview before being selected.
GLDI Promotional Video
GLDI Tuition | Scholarship
- Tuition: $5,300** (includes room & board)
- Scholarship up to $3,000 available for qualified students.
Must fill out scholarship application (Financial Aid Form).
Accommodation & Campus Life
Students stay at a dorm usually sharing a room with one other person or upto three more.
GLDI has a tight schedule which is challeging for most of the students however students are able to enjoy times with fellow students, faculty members, lecturers, and staff.
MANY STUDENTS HAVE RAISED FUNDS TO ATTEND GLDI. HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS AND TIPS.
– Write a support letter. Like a missions support letter, tell your family, friends, church members, and college fellowship what GLDI is and what you wish to gain through the program. You may be surprised at who is willing to give!
– Be creative. Put on a bake sale, sing at a cafe night, make a box of handmade cards, etc.
– Think small. Giving $10, $20, or $30 may feel like less of a burden for supporters.
– Follow up. Be sure to write a card or call your supporters to express your gratitude. Emails or blog posts throughout and after GLDI allow your supporters to be a part of your journey as well.
GLDI Alumni have come from (schools)
Academy of Art University
Arizona State University
Bryn Mawr College
California Baptist University
California State Polytechnic University – Pomona
California State Polytechnic University – San Luis Obispo
California State University – Fullerton
California State University – Long Beach
California State University – Monterey Bay
California State University – Northridge
College of William and Mary
Colorado School of Mines
Colorado State University
Faculdade de Medicina do ABC (Brazil)
Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
Florida State University
Full Sail University
George Washington University
Georgia Institute of Technology
Georgia State University
Handong Global University (South Korea)
James Madison University
KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea)
Manhattan School of Music
New York University (NYU)
Ohio State University
Pennsylvania State University
Prairie View A&M University
Saint John’s University
Saint Petersburg State University (Russia)
School of Visual Arts
Simon Fraser University (Canada)
Southern Connecticut State University
State University of New York – Geneseo
Stony Brook University
Texas A&M University
Universita Bocconi (Italy)
University of Arizona
University of Auckland (New Zealand)
University of British Columbia (Canada)
University of California – Berkeley
University of California – Davis
University of California – Irvine
University of California – Los Angeles
University of California – Riverside
University of California – San Diego
University of Chicago
University of Colorado – Boulder
University of Colorado – Denver
University of Connecticut
University of Delaware
University of Georgia – Athens
University of Illinois – Urbana Champaign
University of Kansas
University of Louisville
University of Maryland – Baltimore County
University of Maryland – College Park
University of Michigan
University of North Carolina – Greensboro
University of Pennsylvania
University of Southampton (England)
University of Southern California (USC)
University of Virginia
University of Texas – Austin
University of Texas – Dallas
University of Toronto (Canada)
University of Virginia
University of Washington
University of West Florida
Washington Bible College
University of Pennsylvania Graduate
“GLDI has truly been the most challenging and eye-opening journey of my life. It was a time when my weaknesses were exposed, my core beliefs shaken, my knowledge and scope of life broadened, and a time where I was able to network with brilliant leaders, staff and potential global leaders of our generation. My valuable experience at GLDI was incomparable to any prestigious internship or luxurious vacation I could ever go on.”
YUNSKI YUNJAE KIM
St. Petersburg State University, Russia Graduate
“Through GLDI God connected me with others who strive to keep holy standards, like Daniel and his three friends. During our 40 days together my friends and I were able to encourage and sharpen each other to become more like Christ. I am looking forward to how God will use us as His servant leaders in the future.”
Handong Global University
Pohang, South Korea
“Through the lectures and mentors at GLDI, my perspective on vocation changed. Regardless of what vocation I go into, I am a missionary and an ambassador of Christ. I want to serve God and His people by using the gifts He’s given me to ultimately lead others to know God.”
Stanford University Graduate
“GLDI is focused on teaching us the truth about Jesus, and opening our eyes to the larger community around us. Do not misunderstand me when I say GLDI is teaching the truth. I have been challenged to reconsider everything I have taken for granted about Christianity, both as a way of life and a social institution. GLDI is breaking the indoctrination I have received from the secular world and all its assumptions about Christianity that I had not taken seriously in the past. In this manner, I am learning the truth.”